sony RM-AV2100 opinions(remote)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul watkins, Mar 12, 2002.

1. paul watkins

paul watkins Stunt Coordinator

thinking about getting this remote,would like to know if it is a good deal at $80.is it reliable(touch screen),battery life etc.i like the features,macro,programmable to the tenth power,i have all sony components,so it should be preprogramed.

the first place i saw this remote was on SOPRANOS,i think it was the 2nd season,a russian guy had it tonys guys where there to take him away and kill him.anyway he had a stand for it,he called it "remote docking station".i want this but can't find it anywhere.anybody know where to get it.it will not effect my decision in buying the remote.just want to say to my friends please put remote on docking station in russian tone.

2. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

I have one. I got it just as pronto came out. It works perfect for my family. I use the three macros to turn on local tv, sat, and everthing else off. I use several other buttons as macros but you have to hold these down for 3 secs to perform macro( I put decals with DVD, VCR etc..). I dont mind lcd but in the dark you definately have to use the light button. It is very durable,(I have a 5 and 3 yr old who use it as a spaceship) and the battery life is awesome. Believe it or not it has been over a year since i changed the batt. Once you get the hang of programming, it is a snap to use. The drawbacks however,

1-wont turn my tosh dvd player on in last step of macro

2-heavy and bulky

3-too hard to use pip due to small buttons.

4-doesnt have a page button on it (kids fly it everywhere).

For 80.00, I would get it, just get the manual

3. Marc Rochkind

Marc Rochkind Second Unit

I have one and it works fine, but I don't like remotes with LCD panels and "soft" keys. It's backlit, but you have to look at it to operate the buttons. I switched to a much cheaper Sony VL-900 which I like 1000 times better.

4. Fred McHugh

Fred McHugh Auditioning

it works well, especially if you have Sony stuff. I have a Wega tv and the 400 cd changer as well as onkyo 494 receiver and c601 dvd. I had to custom the dvd and receiver as the supplied codes didn't work. Haven't changed the batteries in a year. You will use the light function as you need perfect light to see the screen without it. I'd give it a B+ als works with direct tv.[​IMG]

5. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    This remote is on sale this week at Best Buy for $129.

I was thinking of picking it up, does anyone else have any comments? How about other recommendations?

6. Brian Shannon

Brian Shannon Stunt Coordinator

Jerry, I have seen them on the net for $99 in the past. I also believe that this is being replaced with a model 2300?

Good luck