1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Rita Hayworth Box

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Caps, Jun 17, 2009.

1. marcco00

marcco00 Second Unit

marc
    eeee-gadd!!!! according to the sony website, there's a new release date for this box set-- november 23rd!!

and amazon now is showing a release date of january 1, 2037.....if it's true that would not surprise me at all, at this point!

2. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor
    Supporter

Allen

2037 is a long time, but I guess the DVD market for pressed discs will be healthier and we will be replacing all of MOD's by that time too. It would not surprise me if Sony moved the release date. There is so much coming out November 2ND, White Christmas Blu-ray, The Sound of Music Blu-ray, Toy Story 3, Goonies Blu-ray, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Blu-ray, and Sony's own The Bridge Over the River Kwai. Let alone the Roger Corman titles.

Edit - Amazon does not even list it anymore. Wonder if the titles are going to Sony's MOD program?

Edit - I found listed on Amazon, but it gives that dreaded "Notify Me When This Product Becomes Available." Something bad is up with this release.

3. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Supporting Actor

Marcel
    Seems like Sony is changing their schedule. The 5 Lemmon titles slated for the 2nd of November had the "Notify Me When This Product Becomes Available." sign for at least two or three weeks. Now, Amazon accepts pre-orders for the 21st of December. With Rita it's probably the same. Nonetheless a short statement from Sony would be nice.

4. marcco00

marcco00 Second Unit

marc
    both 'movies unlimited' and the tcm store are taking pre-orders for rita's 'the loves of carmen', which streets november 23rd. this is the same date that the hayworth box set will be released, according to sony's website. same date.

i have the old disc, which looks pretty good...and i don't think it's OOP, you can still buy it. curious.

will this disc be a new, remastered transfer? i wonder what sony's got up it's sleeve? http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D15789

5. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Supporting Actor

Marcel
    Btw. I bought the They Came to Cordura re-release from 2009 and which joker had the brilliant idea to kill the anamorphic widescreen version in order to replace it with the fullscreen version only, whilst the backcover is still listing BOTH versions?

6. marcco00

marcco00 Second Unit

marc
    i have the anamorphic copy, although the film itself is in need of a good restoration.

i will buy any new hayworth disc if it has been cleaned up & remastered.....do you hear, sony?