What's new

Sony Remote: RM-TP503 vs RM-TP504 question (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I found a RM-TP504 remote on Ebay to replace my RM-TP503 remte control which recently stopped working. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between these two remotes. Is the 504 any better than the 503 in regards to its functions and flexibiltiy?

Greg

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
The 504 is virtually identical with the exception that it has a reasonable battery life. Mine is going for about 3 months on one set of AA's ... I don't use it excessively mind you. The other major difference is that it was designed for the STR-V555ES receiver. This receiver probably has a few different features and therefore slightly different setup parameters,etc. Whether it works perfectly as a replacement or not will depend on whether the 504 has your receiver's parameters in it's memory (these remotes attempt to identify the specific model of the receiver that they communicate with).

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Thanks Aaron,

I suppose I will just have to wait and see whether it works with my 777ES or not. Thanks for the reply.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks