What's new

Sony regional service centers (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
What sort of work can I expect when I

send in my AV receiver for repair good/poor?. If Sony cannot repair do they replace with new or refurbished units. In other words what the chance of getting back worst than sent in. TIA.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I don't know, but keep us all posted on your journey. Most of us have a piece of ES equipment here and there.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I've had to use the Sony Service Center in St. Louis twice, once for a DVD player and once for a receiver.

With the DVD player, they had it repaired and back to me in six days and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it in the three years since.

With the receiver, they waited 10 days for a chip to come in. When the service center discovered the chip was on national backorder, they had a Sony center in Kansas City FedEx me a brand new receiver.

So I would say they're pretty good. I was able to take my equipment in personally both times, and I had the phone number for that specific location instead of some nameless/faceless corporate drone. This might have helped the situation, it might not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks