What's new

Sony receiver w/ digital out (1 Viewer)

Frank Chang

Agent
I am trying to replace my Sony satellite receivers with new models that have digital output to take advantage of the 5.1 programming, sparse that it is. I suspect the 5.1 will increase over time.

Anyway I started back in early Nov trying to purchase an SAT A55 which was discontinued and replaced by the SAT A65. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate a A65 and can't seem to get much info though it is on Sony's web site it says not available in my area. The B65 is available but does not have digital output. I prefer the sony as the satellite receivers are connected to sony monitors and the remotes work for both. Does anyone have any knowlege or information on these or any other receivers? Thanks.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I see it listed on the Crutchfield web site but they are out of stock. You may want to call them up and see what the ETA for that is.
--Dmitry

Frank Chang

Agent
Thanks Dmitry,

My original deal at Circuit City was for $100 for the A55 (they had some deal with Direct TV). They thought they would sell the A65 for the same price once it became available. They are currently selling the B65 for $50 (same price as the B55) which is encouraging, and it is really encouraging if OneCall actually has them available cause then they are shipping from Sony. I'll give OneCall a call and wait a few more days to see if CC comes through.

Thanks again for the links!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks