What's new

Sony Receiver Problems.... (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
I am having some problems with my Sony receiver. It model # STR-SE501. Lately, my receiver makes a click sound (the same sound it makes when you turn it on) and then the rear speakers quit working. After awhile, it clicks again, and the rear speakers start working again. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Is it possible that it's overheating? How old is it? Maybe some dust has collected inside. Just guessing - good luck.

ToddJ

Second Unit
it is three or 4 years old, I think. does anyone else have this problem?

ToddJ

Second Unit
ok....I think I narrowed it down...It seems that the subwoofer cable, when I move it up or down, causes that clicking sound (and causes the rear speakers to go out.) Has anyone heard of this?

WaltV

Grip
Interesting... I had a Sony STR-DE1075 and the same thing was happening to the front L/R speakers. Switch the receiver on and they would click off. If you listened closely, you'd hear them for 1/10 of a second before they'd click off. Play the receiver for an hour or so and they might come on. Receiver clicked a lot too.

No amount of fiddling with wires in the back changed anything.

So I used that as my excuse to upgrade and now I've got an H/K AVR330 as of a couple of weeks ago.

I know that didn't help with a solution, but I'm a happy camper again.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks