What's new

Sony RCDW3 Recorder Opinions (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
After a very long fight to get my piece of junk Pioneer PDR509 replaced, the claims department of the store I bought it from have informed me that the replacement will most likely be a Sony RCDW3.
Any opinions on this model would be greatly appreciated. I also looked at audioreview.com but the model was not listed.
They did have a listing on the older RCDW1, with the usual range of reviews(from 1/5 up to 5/5). I know the reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but there were many negative comments on analog recording with the RCDW1, ie. the auto-track marker cannot be turned off, you cannot insert a track marker where you want it etc. There was also no mention of a digital volume control, which can be handy on mixed discs. Are these issues with the RCDW3 as well?
I would like to hear some comments on whether I should keep the Sony, or pay the difference and get a better product, something like a Denon CDRW1500 or a Yamaha CDRHD1300.

Regards
KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks