Sony Psyc Compact DVD Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Holyoke, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

Hey, looking for my first DVD player, but I have limited space and budget. I was looking at the Sony Psyc player (http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...DVPPQ1&o=m&a=0) and wondered how it was. Problem is I only have about 12" of space to fit it in with the DirecTV receiver, VCR, and receiver already in place. We have an older (6 years) RCA 32" TV, just the basic model. It works good, no plans on upgrading for a few years. We run everything through the VCR now. The only option I know I want is Svideo. No need for progressive scan or multi-disc. Anything else I should look into? How is this player? Any other compact players? Thanks a lot.
    Tim

2. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

I've heard there may be some overheating issues? Any body know anything about this? Thanks.

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I own the Psyc. No overheating problem here.

4. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator

I had the same issue a couple of weeks back. I ALMOST bought a Sony Compact DVD, but not that Psyc. I have an Armoire in the Bedroom with 4" clearance on the side of a 32" Sony. I needed something vertical. This Philips is what I bought, & I think Target has an exclusive on it. I couldn't be happier with it. It has component outs, s-Video, Optical AND Coax digital outs, and built in Dolby Digital AND DTS! I paid $134 on sale. It comes with a slick stand to mount it vertical or horizontal.
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00006HI4H

5. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator