What's new

Sony PS5 buyers and owners (2 Viewers)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Finally managed to score a PS5 (bundle) from GameStop. I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I did have to turn 3D Audio off, as it was really fouling up my existing Astra A10 headset in WarZone. The first time I played Cold War, I thought my controller was broken because of the way the feedback was working on the triggers. Crazy.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
An additional free game on PSN right now, We Were Here. It's a coop online game similar to an escape room. Steam reviews seem positive. I think it's episodic and this is basically just the first episode.

John - to get a good feel of the DualSense capabilities, play Astro.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
An additional free game on PSN right now, We Were Here. It's a coop online game similar to an escape room. Steam reviews seem positive. I think it's episodic and this is basically just the first episode.

John - to get a good feel of the DualSense capabilities, play Astro.

Right on. I played with it for about 10 or 15 minutes while it was installing CoD. Pretty impessive.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I initially had basically zero interest in Returnal but recent previews have got me really curious and now I want to pick it up. Anyone else?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It's not the type of game I would normally be interested, but the one thing that makes it a day 1 purchase for me is the developer Housemarque. They made some of the finest arcade titles ever on the ps3 and ps4 and have earned my support.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's weird to feel like we're still in the transition to next-gen games because so much out right now is just prettier PS4 games. I'm hoping that even FF7R:I looks good enough to feel next-gen.

But yes, Ratchet looks amazing. I can't wait for it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Are any PS5s even shipping at this point. I used to get alerts, and I know that by the time you get the alert it’s too late, but I haven’t seen any alerts in weeks
I honestly could not.tell you. I've been checking the Best Buy, Wal-Mart, London Drug, EB Games and Amazon sites in Canada and have yet to see any PS5s on them.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I keep hearing that summer 2022 until PS5 units are in hand of actual consumers, and not resellers (They will be readily available to anyone) at the earliest. I'm not sure if that is BS, or real but honestly this has been the longest drought of new systems launch I have ever seen.
Considering the pandemic it makes sense.

If that is the case....fine with me. I can wait.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the chip shortage is the real issue. Bots and resellers are sweeping up any stock that comes out but they aren't making more units because of the supply issues.

Honestly, I really like my PS5 but 90% of my time with it has been playing PS4 games or using streaming apps. There's simply not many PS5 games out right now that I want (I think I've purchased just one, Demon's Souls, plus I got Bugsnax for free but that was....eh...). If you don't have a PS5, you aren't really missing out just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks