What's new

Sony PS5 buyers and owners (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
My main point is they should have spent as much time trying to figure out their supply issues as they spent on marketing. What's the point of running countless ads for something a person cannot even get a hold of? I don't need to be repeatedly told about play having no limits, when it is obviously limited by their inability to get a sufficient number of machines into the market for purchase.

Tarifs would not affect Canadian purchasers; however, I guess a person should take into account the affect of the pandemic.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I believe Sony and MS said the pandemic didn't affect their production lines all that much, it was more availability of components and trying to manage simultaneous global launches...which is every launch from the last 20 years.

I'm like 99% sure the marketing department and hardware manufacturing teams operate pretty independently and the presence/cost of ads has basically no bearing on their ability to crank out consoles. Though I do understand the frustration.

Edwin-S

Premium
Well, I've got some other frustration with HDMI-CEC from my LG set to my Yamaha receiver to occupy me right now, so I guess this one goes on the backburner. :(:)

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
CP2077 is looking good on the PS4 Pro, and even better on the PS5's BC. Ray tracing on Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5) impressed me a lot, so I hope they employ something like that next year when the native next-gen versions get released.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Here's a screenshot I took showing some of the reflective effects on the PS5 version of Watch Dogs: Legion. Spoiler-tagged in case you don't want to read any mission descriptions.

Ray tracing on PS5 WDL

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I think the most I battled a boss in any of the "Souls" games was 18 consecutive times. When I finally beat it, I wasn't even excited, just pissed it took me so many tries.

Edwin-S

Premium
I think the most I battled a boss in any of the "Souls" games was 18 consecutive times. When I finally beat it, I wasn't even excited, just pissed it took me so many tries.
That us how I'm feeling about Need For Speed: Payback. I'm in a race that I have to keep repeating because they left no way to quit out of. You have to keep going over it and over it until you win. So far, I have been having no luck
It feels like.you have to be wide open all of the time just to keep up and one mistake in a corner or even slowing down to take it leads to a loss. What kind of assholes do not leave some way to quit out of part of a game and allow someone to come back to it later?

I would have been even more pissed if I had paid for the game instead of getting it as a "freebie" from PS+.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm at a point and age where these kinds of things will have me bail on the game. I'm up to a challenge, but if it starts to feel cheap I'm out. I play for fun, not homework.
Well, I think that is why the "Souls" games are so brilliant. Even though I curse, and swear at them they never really feel cheap. It is just a point of utilizing your skillset the right way. I think the "Souls Like" 'Nioh' games are much more difficult by comparison. I bailed because some of those bosses (even with appropriate level) felt literally impossible. And that is the sort of game I do not have the time for.

Edwin-S

Premium
All of that because of dust and possible scratching? Has he ever heard of Swiffer and not touching areas that don't need to be touched?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
They should solve the biggest problem; the fact that a person can't get one. That goes for MS too.
The choice from Sony to not stock in Brick and mortar retail giants was one stupid idea.
When that choice was made a sporting chance of getting one was completely eliminated.

No worries, there is always 2021.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Edwin-S

Premium
The choice from Sony to not stock in Brick and mortar retail giants was one stupid idea.
When that choice was made a sporting chance of getting one was completely eliminated.

No worries, there is always 2021.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Yeah. I don't get the logic behind that at all. Most large chains like Best Buy and Walmart implemented curbside pick up. You don't even have to go in the store. They bring what ever a person has purchased out to them. At least in Canada they have gone that route.

2021 for sure, but it is a drag seeing all these reviews going on about the features and telling a person you have to try this and that and not being able to even get close to getting one let alone trying it. Well, I guess whining about it won't accomplish anything.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The choice to only sell online was due to COVID. Remember, around 2000 people are dying every day from it and Sony doesn't want lines of people in front of stores overnight or people rushing into stores for their console during a pandemic. Given that, I'd rather blame the people who made the pandemic get so bad that we can't even walk into a store to buy an entertainment box in-person, but politics isn't allowed on HTF.

The PS5 sold more units at launch than any game console in history. Arguably, it was MORE available than any console before. That doesn't help in making anyone feel better about the fact that they're impossible to get right now but it's a different perspective on the launch.

I bought Demon's Souls and I'm enjoying it much more now than when I bailed on the PS3 game about 3 hours in. I also played through Bloodborne this past summer and REALLY enjoyed it, so I think I'm more primed to enjoy this type of game. I'm also playing through as a Royal with magic from the beginning, which makes it a lot easier and way less frustrating.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I use my PS3 to play my 3D movies. Does anyone know if the PS5 will decode these discs? I’d like to upgrade if possible.

Edwin-S

Premium
I use my PS3 to play my 3D movies. Does anyone know if the PS5 will decode these discs? I’d like to upgrade if possible.
According to Sony's official blog FAQ for the PS5 the answer is no. 3D Blu-ray movie output is not supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasperGuy205