What's new

Sony Protection Mode (1 Viewer)

Chris Dawley

Auditioning
Hi,

I have a Sony STR-DE515 that I am working on. I found out that the transistors MP1620 and MN2488 were causing my protection mode. I replaced those transistors and still have protection mode. Do I need to replace the 180 ohm resistors and the .22 ohm resistor block? What about the little transistors in between the MP1620 and MN2488? I measured the values of the resistors and they seem to be fine. Is this receiver worth fixing?

Thanks,

Chris

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Easy gauge is " how much for a good working one on Ebay"
If repair cost is greater than a working unit....no

Other considerations
Do you think upgrade fever will hit you soon?
New technologies that it is lacking

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Gut reaction is NO. I owned a 815 back in the day, and though it was laden with a ton of nice features for the time, it's sound was less than impressive. I sold it for $100 back when it was only a few years old, and replaced it with a Marantz that was about the same price new. WOW, what a difference... That generation was only digital READY, so unless you are going to power some bookshelf speakers in a bedroom with it, I probably wouldn't bother unless you are looking for a project to entertanin yourself/learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks