Sony projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carl Hood, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Carl Hood

Carl Hood Extra

For a couple of years now I have been using a Sony projector (not the 10HT) as FPTV. The model is VPLX600 which has a 16x9 mode and displays a beautiful picture with anamorphic DVDs. Eventually I would like to fit an anamorphic lens in front so I can use the entire LCD panel, but these beasts don't come cheap!

For now though I would really like to know how to go into "service mode" on this projector and make some adjustments to the colour temperature and bias. Two small imperfections are bugging me. Firstly, the whole picture has a very faint green tint, especially with darker movies and secondly when displaying a uniform grey screen (which my DVD player does), there is a faint greenish "wash" in the middle of the screen which appears only when the unit has warmed up.

These problems are very minor and don't really detract from the otherwise superb quality of this projector, but I would like to get it right. In fact most people don't notice it until I point it out. Am I being paranoid? Any help here would be really appreciated.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What type of screen are you using and what is the screen gain?

3. Carl Hood

Carl Hood Extra

Neil, the screen is nothing too formal. I am projecting against a 16x9 aspect wall panel finished with a pure white flat latex paint. Not sure what that would relate to in terms of gain. The rest of the wall surrounding is matt black. The other walls are covered by dark curtains. Any light spill from the projector is effectively absorbed by the black surround. The room is totally darkened for viewing and the image doesn't seem to suffer from any wall reflections and brightness/contrast is very good.