Sony progressive scan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rain, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Rain

Rain Producer

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Toshiba...too many problems. Nuff said.
    I'm wondering if anyone has had good results with the new Sony Progressive Scan players. Any input?
    On the other hand, if anyone can recommend any other brands/models, I'm open to suggestions.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
    Any smokers who want to accept the challenge of joining me in quitting? If so, click here

2. Greg Risley

Greg Risley Second Unit

I have the Sony 700p progressive player and have it hooked up to my NEC LT150 projector and the image kicks the crap out of my old Toshiba 3109 and it boots up a 100 times faster. My 3109 had the choma bug and it was very noticable but I have yet to see it on the Sony even though people say its there. I am projecting onto a 80"x45" screen.
    Greg
    p.s. Also I could swear it sounds better on cd's even though I am using the digital output.

3. Brian W

Brian W Stunt Coordinator

Love my Panasonic H1000, was considered reference (though pricey) a year and a half ago when I purchased it. I am consistently amazed by the image that it exhibits on my Elite HD 510. I know there have been endless debates discussions here regarding progressive scan. I'm not very technical, just know what I see and that I have developed a trained eye as the technology has evolved these past couple of years. Whatever, I have seen other players demonstrated on the 510 at my local high end audio video dealer (where I have made all my purchases)in their demo room compared to the H1000, and to my eye there is no comparison. Has been worth every dollar. Very solid. I understand it is still a leading contender among the progressive players on the market now. It retailed at $2999 when there was no competition, perhaps one can be had for less now? I think Peter Staddon (FOX) mentioned he has the H1000 during a recent chat.