SONY PICTURES PRESS RELEASE: Crimson Rivers: Angels Of The Apocalypse

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Aaron Silverman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Jean Reno Returns in Sequel to the International, Award-Winning Thriller Crimson Rivers with a script by Luc Besson

CRIMSON RIVERS: ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE

Available on Special Edition DVD March 29, 2005

The original Crimson Rivers thrilled audiences around the globe with its supernatural, grisly depiction of serial murders, based on the popular novel by Jean-Christophe Grangé. The sequel, CRIMSON RIVERS: ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE is cut from a similarly horrifying cinematic vein, only this time with a diabolical screenplay by famed director/writer Luc Besson (The Transporter, The Fifth Element, La Femme Nikita). Reprising his role as the brooding Commissioner Neimans is Jean Reno (The Professional, Crimson Rivers), searching for the force behind a new series of killings that may be linked to an ancient prophecy that threatens to destroy the entire world. Co-starring with Reno are Benoît Magimel (The Flower of Evil) and Christopher Lee (Star Wars Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the CRIMSON RIVERS: ANGELS OF THE APOCALYPSE SPECIAL EDITION DVD on March 29, 2005. Also available will be a DVD 2-pack which includes the original Crimson Rivers, priced at $39.95 SLP.

DVD bonus features include a deleted scene, a full-length (70-minute) documentary, “The Making of Crimson Rivers: Angels of the Apocalypse” as well as five additional featurettes.

Synopsis
    A murder victim with the same DNA as Christ. A serial killer mimicking the deaths of the 12 Apostles. Inspector Niemans (Reno) and a young, rebellious detective (Magimel) team up with a beautiful expert in religion to crack the case before their elusive suspect completes the cycle of terror, paving the way to an even bigger and bloody catastrophe. Battling assassins with superhuman strength and speed, their hunt leads them to a former Nazi (Lee), sworn to protect a secret agenda with apocalyptic consequences for anyone who stands in his way.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    • Digitally Mastered Audio and 16x9 Anamorphic Video 2.35
    • Audio: English & French Dolby 5.1
    • Subtitles: English, French
    • Deleted Scene
    • Documentary “The Making of Crimson Rivers: Angels of the Apocalypse"
    • Featurettes “Lighting”; “Weapons”; “Design”; “Corpses”; “Sound Design”
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Scene Selections
    Rated: R
    Color / Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 99 Minutes
    DVD SLP: $24.96

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Thanks for the heads up! I liked Crimson Rivers so I'll definitely be checking this out. [​IMG]

3. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I have been waiting to see this sequel for almost a year and a half.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    This reminds me that I was interested in the original when I first saw it on the shelf, but never got around to watching it and then kinda forgot about it. Maybe I can get Sony to send me the 2-pack. [​IMG]

5. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

The original is a terrific movie, but I've heard nothing but bad things about this sequel. The plot sounds seriously off the wall. Oh, well, I'll probably check it out anyhow (I can't resist anything with Jean Reno).