What's new

Sony Owners Question (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
I need to know if any Sony owners have experienced problems using a DVI/HDMI cable. Especially with a DirecTV HD receiver.

Your help is appreciated.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i run a dvi / hdmi cable from my denon 5900 to my sony projector (vpl-hs3) with no problems. i can't speak about the directv receiver though as i don't watch television on my projector.

kevin t

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using cable boxes to HDTVs but the problem is likely similar. Have a 2 year Sony 34XBR910, straight DVI connection, has always worked fine. Have a 2 month old 30HS420, has HDMI input, when using a good quality dvi/hdmi cable the connection is lousy, have to jiggle the connection at the TV end to see a picture.....using component instead. My guess is that TV input connector is bad.

Mike JL

Grip
I just recently got the Sony 50" LCD RP and used a DVI cable to connect a DirecTV Hughes HTL-HD to it. I thought the PQ on non-HD channels was terrible, so I went back to component cable hook-up. Much, much better.

I used the DVI cable that came with the HTL-HD. It has digital-to-digital connectors on it. I don't know if a different cable with the combined digital and analog connector would work better or not.

The next time I upgrade my DVD player, I'll try the DVI connection with it.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Have a 42in Sony LCD. Had last years model, but had to exchange it. On last years model, using Monster DVI, I had frequent "snow" on HD channel if I stayed on the same channel for more than a few hours. I had to switch to another HD channel to get it to have a picture again. I assumed it was a software issue with the box.

On my new Sony LCD, I have the Monster DVI with a Monster HDMI adapter. No problems with picture quality at all, and no dropouts. Only complaint is that HDMI connections suck, they wobble easily, so I have it supported in the back by pushing the cable up for a tight connection, then duct tape to the back of entertainment center to keep it in position. I then used the duct tape to fix my car, put together a broken vase, and plug the hole in the local damn that was threatening to destroy an entire town. :)

Doug

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Sony 34" XBR widescreen and use a Samsung Directv HD box with a DVI cable. No problems or issues whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks