What's new

Sony or Yamaha Intro Level Receiver (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was worried that it might not, but I hadn't checked. You can get a phono adapter that will allow you to hook the turntable to basically any analog input. Just another thought.

Scott_ATL

Grip
Really? I've never seen such. That's pretty cool, though. However, I'm guessing that the receiver would need to have an "extra" AUX input or something. I'll check out that option.

Thanks John.

Scott,

I had started this thread a while back and thought you might want to know what I ended up doing.

I too, was on a tight budget but needed a new receiver. I ended up going with the Sony STR-DE875 mainly becuase I needed to do some no interest financing (a promotion that was ending) and they didn't have the Yamaha in stock.

Once I hooked everything up, I really wasn't happy. The DD & DTS stuff sounded good, but just normal TV watching and music listening sounded better on my 9 year old receiver that I was replacing.

I ended up taking the Sony back and got the Denon AVR-1602. I really love this receiver. I would have liked to get the 1802, but money was the deciding factor unfortuantely. The Dolby Prologic II is great and everything sounds much better than it did on the Sony.

If you can get your phono issue solved with the Denon, I would highly recommend it.

Happy hunting!!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks