What's new

Sony or Marantz Learning Remote? (1 Viewer)

David*E

Auditioning
I have had the Sony Receiver STR-DA555ES for several years but have not used it very much because I hate the LCD touch screen remote control (did not realize that when I bought it).

It has been mentioned to me to get an all button replacement such as the Marantz RC2000mkII. What about the Sony RM-VL1000 or another Sony product since I already have a Sony receiver.

How do these 2 remotes compare. I have about 6 remotes right now.

Thanks,
Dave
:b

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I'm also wanting to know about these "learn everything" remotes. I've seen the Sony one around a lot. It looks cool and I thought it might be nice since most of my hardware is Sony brand.

Dan.B

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The Marantz is a good remote, but it's an old design that's been around a long time now and has been surpassed by the Home Theater Master MX-500. The Sony VL1000 is Sony's attempt to duplicate the MX-500 at a lower price point. Both the Marantz and Sony are fine button remotes, but if you can afford the extra money over the Sony for the MX-500, it's the one to get. Check out the reviews and user forums on www.remotecentral.com for more information.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I'm not at home right now but I believe it's the Sony VL-1000 I have it's nice but there have been complaints about the misalligned labels from the buttons. If you want a good range of prices on remotes go to www.dealtime.com they have a bunce of models to chose from with a wide range of prices for each.

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the Home Theater Master MX-500 for about 3 months now and have no complaints what so ever. It replace 6 remotes and is very easy to program. It's not as cool looking as the Sony LCD remote but hard buttons are much easier to use.

wil_chan

Auditioning
i jsut bought me the SONY touch screen remote and im still on reading the operation manual but so far i have program my CD player my TV and my RECEIVER program and so far i like the touch screen function atfer all that's the reason why i bought it i find the LEARNING the frequency pretty easy u jsut have to put 2 remote face to face and press ur old remote so the new one would read the frequency, that's all that i can say tilli finish reading the manual and i'll post the bad and good about this remote and besides i bought this remote for $65.00 instead of $200.00 so im pretty confident i didnt do a bad thing....

by the way the REMOTE is brand new if ur wondering why it's so cheap my sister works for SONY COMPANY i got a discount

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks