Sony or Marantz Learning Remote?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by David*E, Jul 2, 2003.

1. David*E

David*E Auditioning

I have had the Sony Receiver STR-DA555ES for several years but have not used it very much because I hate the LCD touch screen remote control (did not realize that when I bought it).

It has been mentioned to me to get an all button replacement such as the Marantz RC2000mkII. What about the Sony RM-VL1000 or another Sony product since I already have a Sony receiver.

How do these 2 remotes compare. I have about 6 remotes right now.

Thanks,
    Dave
    :b

2. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

I'm also wanting to know about these "learn everything" remotes. I've seen the Sony one around a lot. It looks cool and I thought it might be nice since most of my hardware is Sony brand.

Dan.B

3. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

The Marantz is a good remote, but it's an old design that's been around a long time now and has been surpassed by the Home Theater Master MX-500. The Sony VL1000 is Sony's attempt to duplicate the MX-500 at a lower price point. Both the Marantz and Sony are fine button remotes, but if you can afford the extra money over the Sony for the MX-500, it's the one to get. Check out the reviews and user forums on www.remotecentral.com for more information.

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

David: Check out my reply in the Receiver forum...

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I'm not at home right now but I believe it's the Sony VL-1000 I have it's nice but there have been complaints about the misalligned labels from the buttons. If you want a good range of prices on remotes go to www.dealtime.com they have a bunce of models to chose from with a wide range of prices for each.

6. Lam Nguyen

Lam Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

I've had the Home Theater Master MX-500 for about 3 months now and have no complaints what so ever. It replace 6 remotes and is very easy to program. It's not as cool looking as the Sony LCD remote but hard buttons are much easier to use.

7. wil_chan

wil_chan Auditioning

i jsut bought me the SONY touch screen remote and im still on reading the operation manual but so far i have program my CD player my TV and my RECEIVER program and so far i like the touch screen function atfer all that's the reason why i bought it i find the LEARNING the frequency pretty easy u jsut have to put 2 remote face to face and press ur old remote so the new one would read the frequency, that's all that i can say tilli finish reading the manual and i'll post the bad and good about this remote and besides i bought this remote for $65.00 instead of $200.00 so im pretty confident i didnt do a bad thing....

by the way the REMOTE is brand new if ur wondering why it's so cheap my sister works for SONY COMPANY i got a discount