What's new

SONY OOP titles (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Some SONY out of print titles are coming back to store shelves and mail order in Septmeber

Moscow on the Hudson
The Bride
Agnes of God
Hanky Panky
plus others

Hopefully more will come. Still waiting to get widescreen versions of "Picnic" "Annie" & "MacKenna's Gold" plus the epic film "Lord Jim" which goes for big $ on ebay

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Would love to get BURNT BY THE SUN and SCENT OF GREEN PAPAYA in new anamorphic transfers!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
SCENT OF GREEN PAPAYA was licensed from First Look, so in all likelihood if that resurfaces, it will be on their own label. Not to derail the thread, but there's a lot of older First Look titles previously lent out to other labels that I would like to see them put back in print with new extras.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Originally Posted by Luisito34

Two others I'm interested in ONLY if they are NEW special editions: Breakout and The Devil at 4 O'Clock.
I also love "The Devil At 4 O'Clock", but am quite happy with the DVD as it is, a very nice transfer. What would a special edition have? Just about anyone who had anything to do with the film is dead now.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I had no idea Lord Jim was valuable. I remember that DeepDiscountDVD had a big sale in August 2004 where they sold a heap of Sony titles some of which were discontinued soon after. I got A Man Called Sledge, Nil by Mouth, California Split, Experiment in Terror, Fire Down Below, Lord Jim. I regret not buying Fat City, which I think has since been discontinued.

I blieve widescreen editions of Lord Jim and McKenna's Gold are still available in Region 2. I have an Australian widescreen version of McKenna's Gold that is widescreen.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wish the studio could get out the remaining Jerry Lewis films that they own.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Yes, I remember this sale, too. I also partook and picked up BETTY BLUE and FAT CITY. I believe BETTY BLUE has since been reissued, or at least is coming soon.

Originally Posted by Simon Howson

I had no idea Lord Jim was valuable. I remember that DeepDiscountDVD had a big sale in August 2004 where they sold a heap of Sony titles some of which were discontinued soon after. I got A Man Called Sledge, Nil by Mouth, California Split, Experiment in Terror, Fire Down Below, Lord Jim. I regret not buying Fat City, which I think has since been discontinued.

I blieve widescreen editions of Lord Jim and McKenna's Gold are still available in Region 2. I have an Australian widescreen version of McKenna's Gold that is widescreen.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Wish the studio could get out the remaining Jerry Lewis films that they own.
That's Paramount, I think, but you are right, it would be nice.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Sony does own some later Jerry Lewis films like THE BIG MOUTH, THREE ON A COUCH, and others. They're not as funny as the Paramount outings, but they still have their moments.

BETTY BLUE is getting reissued by Cinema Libre Studios, as part of a huge Jean-Jacques Beneix series of releases, including THE MOON IN THE GUTTER, IP5, and some shorts.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

Those are the exact two titles I was referring to.

THE BIG MOUTH was last seen as a VHS release many years ago.
Not sure if it is still available on that format. THREE ON A COUCH
I am not even certain was ever released to that format.

I know Sony was looking into their Jerry Lewis library per a personal
request to them, but the fact that nothing further has been mentioned
about it since makes me think they are running into some red tape
that might include Mr. Lewis himself. Of course, this is just speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks