What's new

Sony Officially Announces The PS4 To Arrive Q4 2013 (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think it's more like "anyone can get 85% of the power right away, but over time they'll be able to reach 100%" for the PS4, while the PS3 was "it will take anyone over a year to get 50% of the power, but man 100% is going to be great...in 5 years."

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Damn, I wish I could go to this con at least once, but I can't get time off. Even if I could, passes are all sold out. It sounds like it is impossible to get into the thing.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This development blog.. with game clips, shows a look at how the new controller and gameplay will work in Infamous: Second Son
I loved the Infamous series, so eager for this one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Official Street Date: November 15

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/playstation-4-release-date-november-15/
PlayStation Group CEO and president Andrew House told a press event at the big GamesCon conference in Germany today that the company’s next-generation game console, the PS4, will be released November 15 in North America and two weeks later in Europe. The release date was the last significant unknown about the PS4, which had been substantially unveiled in June, just before the E3 game convention in Los Angeles. The new console will be priced at $399 in the United States, 399 euros in Europe and 349 pounds in the UK. The company already has had more than 1 million pre-orders of the new machine, House said. It also unveiled a program with game companies Ubisoft, Warner Bros, EA and Activision that will allow buyers of the next installments of several top franchises who buy a version for the current PlayStation 3 to upgrade to a digital copy of the PS4 version of the game for “a significantly discounted price,” House said. “We see this as a way to reward PS3 gamers for their loyalty,” House said.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really hoped that the October 21st rumor was true because its only a week after my birthday, but mid November is fine. Should give me something to miss while I'm at Thanksgiving dinner. I'm surprised there's no PS Vita bundle but I could see Sony or retailers selling one.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Nice to see Sony following Apple's lead and seriously reducing the packaging that systems ship in:
SHR46FU.png

10 days to go!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Netflix in, of course, Vudu support a surprise for you UV fans (blech!) but no HBO Go, no Youtube App.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Announces Digital Entertainment Apps Available on PlayStation®4 at LaunchGamers Will Have Access to a Wide Variety of Popular Services for Movies, Television Shows, and Live Sports When the PS4 system launches on November 15SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced a line-up of digital entertainment apps that will be available on the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system in the U.S. beginning November 15, 2013. Leveraging the power of PSNSM, PS4 gamers will have access to a rich portfolio of services starting on day one that feature the hottest movies and television shows, unique specialized content, and live sports programming. All entertainment apps can be found in PlayStation®Store."PlayStation is deeply committed to providing the most immersive gaming and entertainment experiences to gamers," said Phil Rosenberg, senior vice president, business development and publisher relations at SCEA. "The PS4 is the most powerful gaming system ever created, which enables us, along with our partners to add amazing entertainment options to the platform that we know PlayStation fans are going to love."Launched alongside the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system on November 11, 2006, PSN is a comprehensive digital platform and a central part of the greater PlayStation ecosystem. A part of the larger Sony Entertainment Network, PSN delivers superior entertainment offerings catered to gamers at home and on the go. Content offered on the platform has grown significantly since its foundation with new digital entertainment options being added frequently.In addition to Sony's own Music Unlimited, a global cloud-based, digital streaming music service with a global catalog of over 22 million songs, and Video Unlimited, an on demand entertainment service that provides access to Hollywood's latest hit movies, select classics and TV shows from hundreds of studios and networks across nine countries, there will be a variety of digital entertainment from popular services available starting at launch.Entertainment apps available on November 15 include:Amazon Instant Video — Amazon Instant Video offers two great ways to watch movies and TV shows instantly, anywhere. Buy or rent from a selection of more than 150,000 titles or subscribe to Prime Instant Video and get unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes.Crackle — A part of Sony Pictures Television, Crackle is a freely accessible multi-platform television network delivering original series such as Emmy Award nominated Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and hit movies and television programs in a variety of genres.Crunchyroll — Watch the latest and best selection of Anime right from Japan such as Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan, Bleach and more up to one-hour after Japanese broadcast!EPIX — Authenticated subscribers on the PS4 system can instantly access and stream more than 3,000 titles on-demand, including top blockbusters such as The Avengers and The Hunger Games in HD, classic Hollywood franchises, award-winning original documentaries plus music and comedy specials.Hulu Plus — Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of current hit shows like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park as well as original series including The Awesomes and The Wrong Mans.NBA Game Time — Stay connected to live out-of-market NBA game action on the PS4 system with NBA League Pass Broadband on an authenticated basis for subscribers. Get access to real time stats, complete scores, stats and schedules for every game, and video highlights and recaps.Netflix — Netflix members can instantly watch a wide variety of TV shows and movies, including exclusive series such as House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, on the PS4 system.NHL GameCenter LIVE — Instantly stream live out-of-market games in HD quality with your NHL GameCenter LIVE subscription.Redbox Instant by Verizon — Subscribers can stream from a library of hit movies on the PS4 system and receive 4 DVD or Blu-Ray rental nights every month for new releases at the Redbox kiosk. Everyone can purchase and rent the latest movies on-demand.VUDU — Watch the world’s largest selection of HD movies and TV shows, including thousands of blockbusters, Hollywood classics and indies. Stream new releases before they’re available on DVD, or build a collection of favorites without ever paying for a subscription.YuppTV — YuppTV offers over 150 Indian TV channels Live and on demand, including a selection of over 600 Movies to watch anytime, anywhere.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
"The PS4 is the most powerful gaming system ever created, which enables us, along with our partners to add amazing entertainment options to the platform that we know PlayStation fans are going to love."

... to a point... :P

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's pre-day1, they made a mistake on not supporting non streaming media better, it will be rectified.If you are in their shoes do you support the things that are going to lead to more games and services being paid for or do you fix the stuff that adds no value to you? If it's me I fix that stuff long term but it's not a priority. You can afford to blow off the cinephiles, you don't piss off the gamers. MS and Sony have somehow crossed into bizarro worlds and have switched their positions from previous generation launch, Sony can add on more media support, I'm not sure MS will be able to connect with the crazy media things they are doing long term, we'll see.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also, while the breakdown removes the hard disk after the seals are broken I am told it is actually much easier to do it, same as on PS3. Remove a cover and it's exposed for easy replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread