sony ns715p vs toshiba sd-3800

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Petty, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

i have changed my decision on going with a sony tv to a toshiba. so im looking at swapping out my choice for a dvd player as well. can anyone give me any advise on which of these would be the better player? i am also considering the sony nc655p and the tosh sd-4800. i know the tosh 4800 is also a dvd-a player, but that really has no importance to me at this point.

2. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

Lee, I've been quite happy with my choice of the NC655P (one of your choices I understand). I considered the Toshiba and nc715p as well but found that for bang for the buck ($200 for a 5-disk changer) with functionality that is unequalled at his pricepoint, you can't go wrong.

Since my previous non-portable units where a $1000 Sony S7000 and a $600 Toshiba SD-5109 I can afford to experiment with a machine that has multiple capabilities of my previous stand-alone's at a fraction of the cost. So far it is also outperforming the Toshiba as far as juct handling the variety of software that the SD-5109 was starting to reject or misfire on.

Joel

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

On a side note, just because you changed the display you're planning on getting doesn't mean you have to change your DVD player plans. The Sony 715 is a really nice machine. But so is the Tosh.

4. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

well i was only looking at the change for nothing more than remote control issues-lol. but only if the performance was just as good. so far it looks like i will stick with the sony.