What's new

Sony NC655P vs Toshiba 3805 (1 Viewer)

I am planning on replacing my Toshiba 3109 (which works fine - I want a changer that plays mp3s) with a 5 disc changer, and these two (Sony NC655P and Tosh 3805) are both being released this month. They are both about the same price (between $200-300). Any thoughts on which would be a better pick? I don't have a HDTV, but both these are progressive scan. Both should have similar or superior picture quality to my 3109 in interlaced mode, right? As far as I can tell, features are very similar. Thoughts?

My local Fred Meyers is carrying the Sony today for 229, about a week earlier than Crutchfield will release.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm also shopping for a progressive scan dvd changer in the $200-350 price range. In addition to the Sony and Toshiba that you mentioned, I'm also looking forward to reading reviews of the Panasonic CP-72 (a changer version of the RP82), and the JVC FA-9000. Hopefully someone will post a review.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I just purchased the 655, and for me is a very good DVD changer, I havent tested as progresive scan, and I haven't tested for the chroma bug. But overall is a good unit, good picture, easy to learn menus, lot of conection, etc.

For me it was a good purchased, for under $250, you get a great reciever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks