Sony NC655P vs Toshiba 3805

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert C Wall, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Robert C Wall

I am planning on replacing my Toshiba 3109 (which works fine - I want a changer that plays mp3s) with a 5 disc changer, and these two (Sony NC655P and Tosh 3805) are both being released this month. They are both about the same price (between $200-300). Any thoughts on which would be a better pick? I don't have a HDTV, but both these are progressive scan. Both should have similar or superior picture quality to my 3109 in interlaced mode, right? As far as I can tell, features are very similar. Thoughts?

My local Fred Meyers is carrying the Sony today for 229, about a week earlier than Crutchfield will release.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I'm also shopping for a progressive scan dvd changer in the $200-350 price range. In addition to the Sony and Toshiba that you mentioned, I'm also looking forward to reading reviews of the Panasonic CP-72 (a changer version of the RP82), and the JVC FA-9000. Hopefully someone will post a review.

3. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

I just purchased the 655, and for me is a very good DVD changer, I havent tested as progresive scan, and I haven't tested for the chroma bug. But overall is a good unit, good picture, easy to learn menus, lot of conection, etc.

For me it was a good purchased, for under $250, you get a great reciever.

4. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

Sorry great DVD, not receiver.