What's new

Sony MHC-C70, no power (1 Viewer)

satchmo05

Auditioning
Real Name
Satchmo McClain
Hey all,

First of all, yes, I have a very old stereo unit! I love it, and it's been very good to me up until a few days ago. I went over to turn it on, and simply no power. I unplugged the flat-line connection cord from the main receiver and plugged it back in - no luck. I did the same for the wall connection - no luck. Unfortunately, those are my only two options that I can think of without ripping apart the internals. Is there anything I can do to fix this dilemma myself, or is it finally time to get a new stereo unit? Thanks for all of your help in advance!

- Satchmo05

silverjolla

Auditioning
Real Name
Laila
Did you ever find an answer. The same thing just happened to me. I've had the stereo since 1994- loved it. It just won't tun on. I have cds stuck in the cd changer--- I can't figure out how to get them out.

SonyFan1990

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack
I have the exact same issue. I bought mine while I was in England in 1990 and it has worked like a champ ever since. It has travelled to several other countries with me as well as several states here. I know it's old and I should probably just get a new system, but I've had it so long, it's hard to give it up. Any ideas on how to resolve the power issue?

Hendrikahn

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Have the exact same problem. This was my first stereo, and I'm still amazed at how good it sounds compared to the stuff that's produced today. If anyone knows what causes the sudden no power; a malfunction in a certain part, melting of something somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

yakak28

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
If your stereos are dead, I need that blue system cable that connects the two units in the back. My wife threw it out, not knowing what it was during our house addition. Hook a brother up if you can.
Thanks.
yak.

Rayl57

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
same thing happend to mine. but i oppend it up and it turned out to be a pretty simple fix. mine had two dead fuses in the main consle(one with the volume ) the ones mine had were 2amps 125volts on the fuses but i used 2.5 amps and 250 volt fuses and they worked perfect.

Wildwing

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I know it's almost a year later but do you still need the connector cable for your Sony stereo MHC-C70. I donated mine to Salvation Army in California back in 2009 and just found the connector cable, remote, and power cord. If you have need of them, let me know. I hate throwing things out. Lol

LarrySonyMHC

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
The flat cord connector for my Sony MHC-C70 was lost during our move last year. My internet search came up nothing except for a couple of forums talking about it. If anyone has or knows anyone who has the same connector cord that is not being used, kindly let me know. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks