What's new

Sony Megachanger Trick (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Most MChangers have only an optical digital output. I have 2, so the only way to use the shuffle play was to use the analog output
My preamp has both an optical and coaxial input options for the "cd input"
I used a parts express optical to coaxial converter (~$18)on one and ran that into the cd input; then I ran the optical from the other also into the cd input. I then set it to auto detect; now i can shuffle play without using the analog outputs, which bypasses the cheap D/A in the changers.

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Wow,
thats great, I have two sony megachangers and hate that I cant use the no delay /shuffle using the digital out. I have an anthem avm 20 which has a coax for cd and an assignable optical. i wonder if there is a way to configure it to work like your setup. Any Ideas.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you can asign the optical to cd, I dont see why not.
I have a Sony TAE9000ES Preamp, BTW. I can either specific assign an input, or put it on autodetect.When I had the one optical on another input, it always confused my wife....now it is all cd.
Try to assign the optical for cd and then try something else that has a coax out.
See if it autodetects the two inputs...if it does get the converter.
One thing, you cant use the X fade but the no delay should work.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is happy about this
Good luck
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks