What's new

Sony LCD RP (1 Viewer)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
The KF-50we620 is a stripped down KF-we655 from what I understand, the same TV, Canada gets the 20, US gets the 55.

Question to anyone with these sets who have spent some time calibrating, did you mess with the advanced video settings?

Is the DRC Mode; CineMotion the only way the TV does 3/2 pulldown?
Do you use the DRC palette, looks to me like another sharpness setting I'd like to stay away from.

Any other recommendations from someone who owns this set?

How high do you keep the contrast? On the cfg disc I have, I used the "pluge" to set contrast but since I never get blooming no matter how high I set it (perhaps marginal when it's all the way) I can set it almost all the way. It's pretty bright. Is the Pluge "bloom" test meaningful for the LCD RP TV?

Thanks in advance.
Wayde

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Hey Wade, so you got the RP-LCD, eh?

Hope you enjoy it.

I understand the pluge is pertinent only to RP-CRT.

I never could get any blooming on my Pan. RP-LCD.

Do you have Avia or DVE (or something else)? I understand there are advanced screens you can use on Avia, if you have it I can search at AVS for the exact screens to use.

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Elinor... we chatted over at the AV boards. I think we might have "dissagreed" about the merrits of CRT a bit. I was more forgiving of the "burn in" and other issues associtated with them where as you expressed 0 tolerance policy.

Well, I joined the LCD boat. Funny how when I went into shopping for my jump into the HD world LCD was probably my least favourite choice. The more I looked the more I warmed to them. I thought I'd prefer DLP more as a micro display device, but I couldn't get over the idea of more moving parts inside. I still can't help shake the notion that LCD and DLP are just stops on the way to even better stuff coming later.

Hey, I love the set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks