What's new

Sony LCD RP from Costco? (1 Viewer)

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
I was looking at the "Sony’s® KDF-E50A10 Grand WEGA™ 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV" from Costco. Before I get blasted for buying a TV from there, I will have over $600 in credit built up there from my Amex card points (I use it for my business). ANYWAY, I'd like to use that $600 for a TV, since I don't have one. I want a 50 inch or so TV, (not bigger). Anyone know anything about this tv?

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
that AVS link is great. I'll have to give it a read. Now if Costco would sell the 42 incher I would be extra happy! Our viewing room is borderline too small for a 50 inch, but I don't have many options at that store for smaller than 50 inches...

John S

Senior HTF Member
Go for the screen size... Make it work, it is totally worth it. :) Enjoy your new display.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
yea I looked at it again last night, and even in the crappy Costco display it still looked good, and I checked it from the approx distance. I think I'll go for it! I hope they still have them in february!

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on buying a 56" Samsung DLP from Costco in a couple months. They currently carry the 720p model but I'm hopeing they'll have the 1080p model soon.

MikeS.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
the 56 is just too big. I'm actually thinking I'm going to get the 42 from 6th Ave, because it will be cheaper. I don't need a stand so I'm not concerned wih that, and they don't sell it without it at costco

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Craig,

You just saved me a lot of time. I have my eye on that Sony as well-- and need a stand for it. It's a lot of green, but my old Sony 32" is starting to die. Let me know how the 42" works out!

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Hmph. The Sony 3LCD is much sharper. Better color too.

1080p at Costco? Not anytime soon.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
well considering that there aren't really many 1080P dvd players, and won't be in the budget range for a while, I wouldn't see that Costco would carry them yet. And for that matter, I keep reading where the 1080P tv's don't accept 1080P input from many sources anyway.

Also, I currently have a great sound system in my HT (Denon receiver, Paradigm Mini mons/CC370 in front, and Paradigm Titans RS,CC270 RC), but am screening on a 19in Sony CRT from circa 1985. So ANYTHING will be pretty major improvement for me!

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
OH.. my local costco has the Sony displaying Star Wars III with a composit video cable, and a cheap one at that. The picture looks pretty good even with that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks