Sony LCD Questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jimbo Ca, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Jimbo Ca

Jimbo Ca Auditioning

I have been researching TVs for the past 4 months. I finally decided on the Sony KDF-60XBR950. Of course now it is "out of stock" (Sony) or "Discontinued" (online dealers). So then I started looking at the KDF-60XS955, and asked Sony what the differences were. They told me that the XBR had DVI-HDTV Inputs/i.LINK® and the other didn't. What is this and do I need it? Are there any other major differences? Picture quality?

Also, any thoughts on the KDF-60XS955?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I own the Sony KDF 55XS955 and I must say it's a great TV. Picture quality, especially in HD looks stunning. Lots of tweaking ability if you are into that with the menus. The 60" is a large TV though. Remember that the 60" is actually like 72" wide due to the speakers which stick out the side, so remember that if space might be an issue.

You also get two HDMI connections which is great if you're satellite/digital cable box or DVD player has it since it keeps the signal in the digital format.HDMI is the never connection after DVI which transmits audio and video in one cable. Don't worry though, it's backwards compatable with DVI using an adapter.

I love my KDF-55XS955. The only ting I'd say is the remote is kinda cheap feeling. I own a Harmony 880 remote so I don't use the one that came with my TV but you can decide. IMO the XS955 is one of the best if not THE best rear projection screens on the market right now.