What's new

Sony Laserdisc MDP-333, plus discs (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
No RF AC-3, Single-side player. I don't think sony EVER made an RF player (Muse not included)...

Has optical out and 2 sets of AV with S-video.

Some nibbles, no hard sale...

Nice heavy player worth the dough!

Ned

Supporting Actor
What does the sucky door spring do / not do?

The tray on my Pioneer CLD-S201 sometimes gets jammed when ejecting but a slight tap on the corner frees it up.

Can you describe how noisy this unit operates, how fast spin-up is, is the s-video signal fairly clean?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The thing with the spring door is that when you hit eject, the tray has to force the front door down and travel out of it. At the same time, there is a sensor on the tray to make it stop if it feels resistance so the motor doesn't fry or strip gears. Since the spring is questionable, the sensor wins and the tray stops after 1" or so. The solution is to hit eject while you are at the machine, holding the door open. Otherwise, the unit operates and looks great.

I haven't seen the s-vid in operation, only the composite, and that was as good as any other player I've seen (CLD-D406 and an RCA LDR310 (CLD-D201)).

Spinup is faster than my RCA, and the Sony is much heavier and quieter, more resistant to wobbly discs.

Maybe I should sell the RCA ...NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks