Sony KV27FV310

Discussion in 'Displays' started by GeoffreyAudio, Apr 18, 2004.

1. GeoffreyAudio

GeoffreyAudio Auditioning

Hi, I am new here, and I'm glad I found this forum. See, I have this Sony KV-27FV310 Television set, which is only 7 months old, and I think I have discovered a problem with the sound amplifier. The right channel drops out sometimes, and gets staticky. I actually have a feeling that it might be the stereo receiver, which I actually hope it is. But do amplifiers in TVs ever go bad? Has anyone experienced this before? What does it mean? Also, it's very intermittent.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

When is it doing it? With just the tv channels or on video tapes & dvd's too? & yes audio amps in tv's can go bad just like any other parts in a tv. I would check it out using a DVD or Video tape because it just maybe the TV Broadcasters or Cable or Sat. Company sending out a poor audio signal. Also is the set hooked to a Receiver or does it do it using the tv's internal speakers?

3. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

Hey how do you like your TV? Besides the sound problem has there been any other issues with it? I will hopefully be getting $800 for my 3 year old 27" WEGA. The screen has lost some phospor in one area and it makes it appear like a pixel is blown out. Since I got a 3 year service plan on it from CC they are either going to replace the tube or give me my money back. In which case I am planning on getting the KV-27FV310 and keeping the left over money. So I am trying to find out if getting the KV-27FV310 and having around $250 left over would be my best bet, or if I should go with another brand.