What's new

Sony KV27FS12 Issue (1 Viewer)

dusty

Agent
I just bought an open-box 27" Wega from Best Buy and when its on, there is a hi-pitch sound coming from the tv speakers. Has anyone else experienced this with a Wega?

dusty

Agent
update: the sounds seems to come on when i switch the input mode on the tv, and there is no input video source available. ie (video 1, 2, 3)
also, does anyone know the difference between the KV27FS13 and the KV27FS12? I just went to best buy and they seem to have just gotten them in. It appears to have a darker case.. but im not so sure.
thanks,
dusty

Chris Speights

Auditioning
I just got a 36FS13 so I can tell you what it has. 3line comb filter, 1 S-vid, 3 RCA inputs, and 1 component input. It does the 16:9 squeeze via an on-off button in the menu. It's got 4 preset picture modes you can modify. You can assign names to input channels (4 total as 1RCA and S-vid are shared). Other than that I don't know. www.sel.sony.com has all of the specifics.
The noise? I have no idea, electrical grounding issue inside maybe? Maybe it had a hard life as a floor model.
Chris

Jeff G. Siler

Auditioning
This is identical to the sound I reported in my thread "sony wega.. great picture.. horrible whistle sound". This sound is apparent in all tv's however it seems to be louder in the wega sets. I have returned my original kv27fs13 and the new set repeated this sound. After 2 weeks I actually am pretty used to it so it doesnt bother me that much. I have pretty sensitive hearing so every time i enter best buy's tv section I can hear a similar sound :) So if everything else is ok with the tv I would recommend keeping it and just getting used to it. I have an xbox and gamecube hooked up to the wega via component cables and couldnt be more impressed with the picture quality. 16:9 enhancement looks brilliant on dvd's as well as on certain xbox games.
Does anyone have any other comments about this sound coming from this or other tv's? I'd be interested to know.
jeff

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds normal. "Normal" being, that with no source, you will hear this sound. I hear the same thing on my KV32FV26.

There are only minor differences between the -12 and -13. The only thing you might miss out on are a few more watts of power for the speakers.

Jeff G. Siler

Auditioning
hmm.. I got home and turned on the kv-27fs13 and tuned it to normal cable... I could definitly hear the high pitched sound over the broadcast. Then I played a little xbox (on the component source) and the sound didnt change. Any time the set is on I hear this. Now that im noticing it more it gets annoying. But when i don't notice it its fine.. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks