1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony KV-36XBR250 TV with a Sony DVP-NS700P DVD player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carrol M, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Carrol M

Carrol M Stunt Coordinator

I purchased my Sony Wega XBR250 in January of 2000, several months before the new Wega XBR came out that has the 480p input.
    Question: Will I benefit (image wise) if I match the Sony DVP-NS700P dvd player with my 36 inch Wega XBR250, that doesn't have 480p inputs?
    Also, Question: Would it be a good investment to upgrade to the DVP-NS700P from my 3 year old DVP-S530D?
    Any input that any of you have would be more than welcome. I'm debating plunking down the $299.99 for the 700P.
    In case your curious, I use the component inputs.
    Again, thanks for any help.
    Carrol M

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I don't see that you'd gain much since you'd have to use the 700's interlaced output. If you want a new player, maybe you should get one that also gives you DVD-A or SACD or both? I have a 32" XBR 250 and I've had the following DVD players hooked to it: Denon 2500, Pioneer DVL-91, Sony's > 530, 550, 7700. They all looked very good. I think the weakest of the lot was the Pioneer. The others looked uniformly excellent. I don't think you'd gain much from your proposed upgrade. Best wishes!
    ------------------
    Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."
    AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

3. Carrol M

Carrol M Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the response! I'm still debating it, though. I wonder if I should expect an improved interlaced picture, or what? I kind of want to stick with Sony, and in that $300-$400 range.
    Carrol M