What's new

Sony KV-32XBR250 - progressive scan or not? (1 Viewer)

RichB

Grip
I've got a Sony WEGA KV-32XBR250, that I bought about 3 years ago. Does anyone know if it's progressive scan capable? I need to buy a new DVD player and am trying to figure this out. Also are there any advantages/disadvantages to getting a player that is prog. scan vs. not with this type of TV?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The XBR250 series was not progressive scan-capable. A prog-scan machine would be of no benefit to that TV, but given that most players are prog-scan you may as well get one for future compatibility. In the meantime, just use the machine's interlaced output.

RichB

Grip
So just to be clear, there is some type of option for interlaced output on all prog scan machines? And there is no cost disadvantage in getting a prog scan machine? i.e. Can I geta an ovderall better player that's non-prog scan for the same money? FYI, I'm looking at the Panasonic players for under $400.....

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Almost all machines at $170 and up are now progressive-scan units. On the back of the chassis you can select either progressive-scan or interlaced output. Some allow access to this function from the menu systems.

At $400, nearly all players offer prog-scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks