What's new

Sony KV-32HS500 at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Was just up at Best Buy in North Olmsted (suburb of Cleveland, Ohio) to pick up some CD-r's and had to stop by the TV section for 15 minutes of staring. Anyways the first thing that caught my eye was that the Sony KV-32HS500 was on $1349.00. The price tag didn't say "on sale" or "as advertised", it seemed as if this was the normal price. I flagged down one of the Blue Shirts and asked him and he said that was the right price. He said people weren't buying them at $1499.00 so they dropped the price so they changed in yesterday (Monday 7/15/02). Could this be for real or did they drop the ball on the pricing here. The website still says $1499.00. Are there any Best Buy frequents out there that want to verify this at their local store.

So let's say its true, its been out a little over a month and already down in price by 10%???? Does that make any sense?

Well I just thought I would give you guys the headsup.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I flagged down one of the Blue Shirts
LOL! that's what I'm callin those bastids from now on....anyway, seems too good to be true although I think it's about damn time all HDTVs came down in price. What most don't realize is that the new HS500 is one of the very first HD-ready TVs with a copy-protected DVI input. That plus the 16:9 mode make it one heck of a TV.
btw, BB.com doesn't have it at $1349...better hit up North Olmsted rather than Mayfield Hts. asap ;)

Can't help you with the pricing but I can tell you that I got this set at Crutchfield and I am totally in love with it. Excellent TV. I really hated to give up on true widescreen but I really thought this TV out-shined all the others I have looked at. Very good TV!!!!

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Just a local market reaction. Check around, somebody put it on sale in that particular store's market so they matched it to eliminate having to override the price all the time. Who knows, it may end up a permanent price break. As of right now, it is merely a market reaction. Snap it up unless you want to wait until the next time it goes to $1350.

Oh, and this is assuming you are referring to Store #279 in The Great Northern Plaza.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
If I were goin for the 32" I would have bought it right there on the spot for that price. But I am waiting for the 36" HS or XBR in the 2002 line. But I was thinking, man if it's 1350 for the 32", the 36" wouldnt be more than $1599. Which would be rather nice. :) Lets hope these prices stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks