What's new

Sony KV-32FS13 opinions? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I am currently looking for a TV set and the Wega is one of the choices I am considering. The Sony so far seems like a good choice mainly due to the 16:9 mode.

Anyway I know a couple years back many people had some bad things to say about the Wega sets (geometry issues etc etc).

Have they improved any since then? Anyone have anything good/bad to say about this set?

Also what is the weight on this set?

Thanks.

Steve jc

Agent
I bought this exact model 2 mos. ago. Didn't really notice any problems until I read some complaints on this forum. While not as severe as some have described, it seems I too have the common small dark vertical bar on the left of the screen and slight, intermittent discoloration in the corners. The latter problem mostly occurs and is barely discernable when watching b&w, and the dark bar is visible only when the picture is very, very black. Although the enjoyment of my set is rarely affected by these problems, it's a shame such a high cost piece of equipment continues to be produced with known flaws. In my case, the flat screen, incredible picture, and 16x9 squeeze make up for it. Bottom line: I love my Wega.

Ron Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
I love my Wega, also. I dont notice any problems on mine, but its a 27". Maybe the problems show up only on the larger sizes? I find mine very sharp and well defined, even on cable. The color fidelity is great. I chose it because of the 16:9 mode, and its everything I expected. After experiencing the anamorphic mode, I wouldnt consider a set that didnt have it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Another generally satisfied FV-series WEGA owner here. While I don't think its color decoding is as accurate as a Toshiba's, it's many other strengths more than make up for this. Fine set. But with HD-capable direct-view sets falling in price so quickly, you might want to hold out a while longer. (I've seen a 32-inch HD-capable Philips advertised at a local retailer for less than $1,500. The WEGA's 16:9 mode is beautiful. But imagine 16:9 enhancement in progressive scan!)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Eric, I have a KV-32FS12 for sale & am located in Norther Jersey. LMK if you'd like to work something out (e-mail me or PM me)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks