What's new

Sony KV-30HS420 owners and your settings? (1 Viewer)

Pete_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just bought my first HDTV from BB and you guessed it, the Sony KV-30HS420 with free stand. Have it set up for a bedroom TV and is probably around 8ft from my viewing position. Most viewing will probably be at night with some viewing during the day but with the blinds for the windows, coming soon, light should not be a factor.

I have to say going to BB today and looking at HD was truly amazing. I never looked because I was never going to get one. I have a older 56" Toshiba widescreen that still looks great with DVD's. When the wife said bedroom TV the wheels started spinning. The pictures on some of the TV's just blew me away. The Sony looked great with the feed they were showing. I'm definitely going to get a flat panel for the living room in the future to hang on the wall.

Worst part was I stopped at TW here in Oswego NY to get my SA8000 DVR and hook it all up and watch some HD stuff tonight. Well guess what? They don't have them to give out, a service tech must come to my house to install and not until July 8th

Anyway I was wondering what about some of the settings you owners have the tv set on. I still need to get the DVE to calibrate but other settings like ClearEdge VM, Color Temp, Mode is set for Vivid and some of the other video settings. Pic,Bright,Color, Hue, Sharp.

I have just regular cable going through it now and to me that looks great. I can't wait for HD. To me with the 4:3 material the wide zoom mode is the best for viewing. Not going to watch in the normal setting with the black bars. I have burn lines on my toshiba from watching 4:3 with the bars over the yrs(8).

The BB guy tried to sell me a monster dvi to hmdi cable for 120 but I said I would hold off. Didn't think they were that much. Should I go with this type of connection when I get my box or the component would be fine? And if so any cheaper versions that would work? And one more thing Surge protectors, any quick buy or something fancy?

Well thats all for now. I can't wait until July 8th. I'm sure I will have some more questions but any help would be great. Which DVD player is a whole other ball game. Probably going with Denon I'm happy with my Denon 4800 Receiver.

Pete_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Well what about the DVI? Does TW have this enabled on these boxes? And if so does it make a real BIG difference to go out and get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks