Sony KV-27S66 Television and PS2 video flickering

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marvin Richardson, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Okay, I've my Playstation 2 hooked up to my receiver (Sony STR-DE1075) with the official S-Video cable, and then S-Video to the television. When I'm watching a DVD that has dark scenes (such as many of the space scenes in 2001 with only a star field) the picture goes black and displays "VIDEO 1" on the screen. The picture flickers when something brighter comes on screen. When the video is brightly lit there are no problems. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is this just a "feature" of the Sony televisions? If it is, I'm taking it back post-haste.

2. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Bump...
    If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Marvin

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Try connecting the S-video cable directly to your TV and see if that makes a difference. I know with my brother's older Sony TV, when I tried to route it through a receiver this(black screen with Video 1) would happen. I then tried connecting the DVD player straight to the TV and no problems.I hope that this helps.
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

4. Allan McLachlan

The same thing happens on my friends TV running s-video direct (Sony 27"), but on my Wega using the component feeds this does not happen to me...
    interesting
    Al

5. Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman Stunt Coordinator

If you can hook it directly to the TV without problems, then the jack on the reciever could be bad...otherwise the jack on the Tv is probably bad.