Sony KV-24FS100 and KV-24FV300, 16:9 squeeze

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Yadsko, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Ryan Yadsko

Ryan Yadsko Auditioning

I'm getting some weird flashing on my Akai 27" TV so I think it's time to take it back to Sam's Club. I'm looking at the two newer Sony Wega screens at 24" (probably a better size for me anyway), the KV-24FS100 and the KV-24FV300. It seems neither officially supports the 16:9 anamorphic squeeze, but perhaps it is accessible from the service menu?

Can someone who has one of these sets confirm whether or not that's the case, as well as how easy/difficult it is to do? Also what the geometry of the screen was out of the box, and if service menu adjustments helped?

Thanks!

2. Ryan Yadsko

Ryan Yadsko Auditioning

I hate to reply to my own thread...but there could be some valuable information here.
    I went to my local Best Buy today and got into the service menu of the KV-24FS100 display model using the instructions here. The page with specific Wega instructions seems to not exist anymore. I recognized some variables in the service menu, but not the two I was most interested in (VUSN and VPOS). It seems Sony has changed the menus somewhat. I did notice a section labelled "16:9", even though the 24" model doesn't officially support the compression. There were five variables in this section:
    ABLV
    ACLV
    LPIN
    UPIN
    PAMP
    It sounds like these control geometry specifically for the 16:9 mode.
    Can anyone shed some light into what specific variable enables the 16:9 mode, if any? It's possible that there isn't one, I know. And yes, I checked - it's definitely not in the regular user menu [​IMG]
    I also got into the service menu of the KV-20FS100, the 20" version, and the menu appeared to be identical.