What's new

SONY KP65WV700 or TOSH 65HDX82???? (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Help me here. Got to choose fast. Cannot see those 2 sets together at the same place. I live far from any big city. Wich one do you prefer? Did you compare them in real time?? Help me here. Is the Sony really worth the extra $$ over the Tosh?? I can have the Tosh for 4200$ CDN or the Sony for 6200$ CDN. But it's not a money decision. Help me.

Warner

Agent
Not that I think the Toshiba is any better, but $4,200 CDN for the 65HDX82 is a major bargain. I've seen it for $6,000. Run and buy it.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
It's not really a matter of price. I'm a bada*s bargainer. Hehehe. I'm always able to go down around 40% of retail with any company (like my Rotel RMB-1095). It's more a question of picture quality. Is there anyone out there that have compare the to directly??
Thanx for the answer tough.;)

Warner

Agent
They're both new models. Maybe somebody has one at home, but not both. If somebody saw both, they saw one or both in a store only. You can't trust what you see in a store, only what you see at home after adjusting the settings properly using an HT guide like Avia.

The brand most RPTV owners like best is the one they brought home. A small percentage end up exchanging their first set for another brand, most people are happy with whatever they bring home. Are you very critical of picture quality? If so, one brand might make you happier than the other, but not necessarily because it is better, only because it is better for you personally. Each brand has strengths and weaknesses, and you have personal tastes.

So perhaps the best advice would be, whatever you buy, buy from a place with a good return or exchange policy. The Sony lists for $7,500 CDN and the Tosh $6,500. You're getting 35% off the Tosh , but "only" 17% off the Sony. With the money you save on the Tosh, you could buy an extended waranty and a couple of ISF calibrations. Maybe a calibrated Tosh will look better than an uncalibrated Sony. Does the new Tosh still convert to 540P? If so, that's a slight disadvantage for the Tosh, but personally I would not pay $2,000 more for the Sony.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Thanx for the answer. I'm leaning toward the Tosh, because the seller is throwing a Denon DVD-3800 for 1250$ CDN and a free 5 years warranty in the deal, so it's getting me to the price of the Sony alone!!! For the price of the Sony, I now get a DVD player and a 5 years warranty and and ISF calibration!!. I was just really concern with the picture quality. You know, the kind of "i could have get the Sony...but..."

Thanx for your help

I would really like to have the opinion of someone that have compared the 2 side by sides, or that been trough the same choice.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I fell like a newbie asking this, but I don't see any reference to HD 1080i on the Tosd web-sites... Do those HD sets are able to display 1080i, or only 720???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks