"sony Kp61hs30"

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jessie_, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Jessie_

Jessie_ Extra

Hi i wanted to know about this SONY KP61HS30 projection tv,will the picture look sharp with a HDTV receiver. I purchase this projection tv back in 2002.

Thanks'
    Jessie

2. John S

John S Producer

Had it for a while and just never viewed HD on it? Or maybe never even DVD from Component Video?

This situation is my specialty!!! This set, as long as it works well, should be a great performer on HD, and ED sources. I have gotten excellent results with much lower level displays than this nice HDTV for sure.

If you have a knowledgable friend, see if they can be involved to make sure you getting the most out of your equipment, video, sound and connection wise. That is about all I do anymore, is give people the performance they really purchased by straightening out all this stuff for them. They are always beyond amazed with the results with usually only having to purchase cables to achieve it.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Since you have never fed HD into the TV, the HD convergence section might be "off" a bit and need to be manually touched up ... since the anticipated misconvergence will be more than the flash focus system can typically handle.

Other than that, the TV should look fine ... but make sure you do not watch HD at high contrast levels as that will increase burn in on the set.

Regards