What's new

Sony KP51HW40 (1 Viewer)

Mike Gates

Auditioning
First, I would like to start by saying I am truly a novice in the field of home theater, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I am looking at the Sony KP51HW40 at Circuit City for $2100. IS that a good price for this TV? Are their any other HDTV Projection TV's in the same price range that would be a better deal for the money with a equally clear picture. I am sure at CC they have the TV hooked up to a DVD player or a HD VCR, is the picture through Direct TV clear on this TV. Is the picture better through Digital Cable or DirecTV, as both are offered in this area.

I read that a composite or S-Video connection cannot adequately pass the resolution associated with HDTV. Apparently a RGB or a 15 pin D-Shell connection is important to have. Does this TV offer this connection and is that statement true.

Thanks for your help.

Binh Vu

Stunt Coordinator
I got my 51HW40 at goodguys for $2049 plus $170 worth of their products. I took a set of Monster Video 3 component cable $99.99 and 1 Monster optical toslink Reference 2 $89.99 so I had to pay xtra $20.00 cash!!!

Just tell them my friend just bought one at BB or goodguys for that price plus $170 worth of in store product. I guarantee you they will sell it to you for that price plus AT LEAST $100 xtra.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks