SONY KP51HW40 thoughts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chad k, Jul 29, 2002.

1. chad k

chad k Stunt Coordinator

Aug 12, 1999
    well after tweaking and i am getting there with the cable, it looks good on most channels, But MAN i watched Gladiator on DVD last night and it looked AWESOME will a proggressive scan DVD player make that much difference ? I couldnt get over how good it looked, my wife even complimented on how good and "smooth" it looked.

I cant wait to see some HD broadcast, we have 3 local channels that broadcast HD but i havnt bought a decoder yet.

chad k
  2. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Mar 4, 2000
    Craig Seanor
    There's a lot of folks on this and other forums who think the Sony HW40's Cinemotion DRC produces just about as good a picture as a progressive DVD player does. Like you I was stunned with the PQ I was getting from DVDs out of my interlaced Sony player when I got my KP57HW40 a couple of weeks ago.

I had been planning to get a progressive DVD player as soon as possible, but I'm so pleased with the job my HW40 is doing I'm going to put it off until next year. None of the current players on the market appear to meet my rather extensive wish list (progressive, 5-disc changer, RP91-like scaling, DVD Audio, no chroma bug, etc.), so I'll just wait until the new models shake out and then see if there's anything out there for me.