Sony KP-46WT510

Discussion in 'Displays' started by LexusN, Jan 9, 2004.

1. LexusN

LexusN Agent

anybody with this model? i'm thinking of getting one but needs some pros and cons...thanks

2. John S

John S Producer

I seen the 46WT500 weekend before last. I was installing a new subwoofer for them. They put in T3 to try out their Sub, the DVD performance was stellar on it. They were using a failry high end Kenwood 6050 DVD player, I thought it was a little better than what I get with my Cheapie DVD player and new Philips TV. I am probably getting a higher end player soon. So I can watch 480p in Widescreen Native format. The owners seemed exceedingly pleased with their Sony....

3. Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic Stunt Coordinator

Great set. I've had one for a couple of months and it's terrific.

The only negatives? Analog cable looks so-so - the Sony uses some kind of non-defeatable noise reduction in their upconversion circuitry, so poor quality cable signals can look a little smeary. But mediocre signals don't look good on any digital set that I've seen.

The only other downside is that you can't assign picture control presets to a specific video input. You have to manually switch picture modes.

Aside from those minor quibbles, though, I'd highly recommend it.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I need to know:

Has the new HTF home-page layout gotten in the way of new and veteran members reading the individual section descriptive blurbs? Please advise. For the record, post about RPTVs in the Display Devices area. Thank you.