What's new

Sony KP-43HT20... A tale of two TVs (1 Viewer)

Dre Witt

Grip
Well, I purchased a Kp-43 about a month ago and it was defective... Overscan problems, VSIZE problems in both 4:3 mode and 16:9 mode.All easily fixable, but the big problem was a convergence issue with the red gun on the right inch of the screen causing images to seperate and bow out progressively worse as you reached the corners. Also the total image was bowing out progressively worse from the middle to the right side of the screen.

After about three weeks, one service visit and dozens of phone calls, I received my replacement set two days ago.

Slight VSIZE prob in 4:3, easily corrected. Overscan was dead on, which was funny since the last set had big problems with both the horizontal and vertical postions. The only problem I have with the set seems to be that the blue gun is out focus a bit on the right side of screen causing a little blue ghosting/smearing on the right edge even after a manual convergence. Other than that the set seems great.

I want to bring up that the young ladies at the SONY service center in San Diego were awesome. Very kick back and fun to deal with. I have a couple of comments on SONY quality control on their hi-def sets though. During the past few weeks I went around and checked out many display sets at local retailers, both the 4:3 and 16:9s and saw many with my same convergence and geometry problems of my original, even after flash focusing. I was crossing my fingers when the new set arrived... and then delivery guy put it on it's back! Yikes! You never saw me jump so fast to have him to stand it up!

I plan on getting it ISFd after I let it burn in about month. Anybody experienced out there in the Los Angeles area or visiting soon? I take it the blue smearing is a focus problem and calibration will help that, right? I also want the interior duveed to cut down reflections.

Dre

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks