What's new

Sony KF60WE610 DVI? (1 Viewer)

Ger*Mil

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Sony KF60WE610. Cable company came out and put a HD box in They connected it with composite cables ... said that is all they use.. worked fine. I purchased a DVI cable for $100, and plugged it in. I ran the audio directly to the HT receiver. Now, almost every time I turn the components on .. I get sound but no picture ... the screen says "Your DVI display does not support HDCP use component source instead". I have had the cable company out twice ... they said nothing wrong with the signal. I hate to go back to composite after spending $100 on DVI cable & wanting the best picture possible. Sometime it works, when I shut down the cable box and restart, it will work ...??

I called Circuit City ... they said contact the manufacture... that's not easy. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
First, you should not have spent $100 on a DVI cable. For length less than 10 feet, a $15 DVI cable should yield the same result as a $100 one as the signal both carry is purely digital.

Second, this is a design flaw of many HDCP compliant TV sets. Once you switch from the HDCP input to one that is not HDCP complaint, the set lose the HDCP flag and you must restart the TV to again accept the HDCP signal. This is a common problem among many TV sets. Please read the threads at www.avsforum.com for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks