What's new

SONY kf50we610 (1 Viewer)

Larry Karp

Auditioning
I am ready to purchase the Sony kf50we610 (50" LCD HDTV Monitor) as the anchor to my Home Theater.

Please advise of any negatives I should be aware of about this Sony 50" rear projection TV. Should I be considering any other TVs to mainly watch sports, DVDs, and "24?"

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sony's in general are top rated sets. I would think you would be very happy with it. Your paying some premium for the Sony, only you can say if it is worth it or not.

People with this model seem very happy in general with it.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
Larry,

I purchased the same TV in October, and have been very happy with it. I had a lot of concern about the black levels and contrast, after reading about those things on the net, but they just don't seem to be an issue. I think the picture quality is wonderful, and my DVDs look great. The set is very sensitive to the vertical veiwing angle: if you sit too far below (like on the floor) or too far above (like standing up) the middle of the screen, brightness drops off considerably.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it.

Tom Fynan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks