Sony KF50WE610 or Pioneer Elite 530HDI ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael_Sieto, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Michael_Sieto

Michael_Sieto Auditioning

I'm purchasing my first big screen tv and I'm having a hard time choosing between the Sony KF50WE610 or Pioneer Elite 530HDI. I've read many posts and alot of people claim that the Pioneer Elite CRT projections offer the best picture quality. The Sony costs a bit more, but the pictures are bright and I love the slim design. I will also eventually have to replace the bulb. However, if I go with a Pioneer CRT projection, don't I still have to get it ISF calibrated? Basically, I have a budget of $3500 and I've narrowed my choices between these 2. Space is not a factor, so which one would you choose based on reliability and picture quality?

Thanks

2. Michael_Sieto

Michael_Sieto Auditioning

I've now been looking at the Mitsubishi Diamond WS-55815. How does this compare to the Pioneer Elite?

3. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Well, I have the Sony KF-42WE610 and am very happy with it. The reason I choose it over a CRT based TV is because with CRT televisions you run the risk of burn in. I also found the picture on the Sony to be better than any of the CRT TVs I was looking at.

Brion

4. Todd>B

Todd>B Auditioning

I love my Sony KF50WE610, excellent picture and only 80lbs.

5. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    Love my KF-42WE610. HD looks terrific. Watched DVD of Jurassic Park III the other night, looked great! Just counting down the days until SW Trilogy comes out in Sept. (Buzz off, this isn't a thread to talk about whether you think Greedo should shoot first or not. [​IMG] )

Doug

6. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Star Wars trilogy looks like on this set. It should be breath taking.

Brion