Sony KF-50XBR800; opinons please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug R, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I was in CC yesterday and saw the Sony KF-50XBR800 LCD HD-TV and was impressed. My biggest home theater issue is space. I have a RCA 61" 4:3 CRT tv that's just huge (about 6-7 years old now). Couple that huge tv (huge depth too) with all my components in front and it's just a mess, really.

The beauty of the KF-50XBR800 was not only the amazing DVD image but the awesome size. It would be so perfect for my limited area. Further, I could place it on a stand that could hold my components freeing up a lot of room and making my "area" so much cleaner.

So, I've searched these threads and found some comments here and there. Any owners wish to comment please? My primary viewing would be DVDs and DirecTV with local channels. I'd like to get HDTV equipment eventually but it's not priority since there's not much offered here.

I really appreciate any help.

2. Jeff Me

Jeff Me Agent

I would suggest you check out this thread.

UMR Does GWII

I own this TV and like it, but you need to make up your own mind. Many people don't like this set and many do. You will get opinions on both sides. I personally like the set for some of the reasons you mention so it may be a good fit for you also.

3. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Thanks for the help!

That thread both impressed and scared me at the same time. Have you performed those tweaks (or those like it) to your set? Were you comfortable doing so? Do you watch sports? Any issues with fast, detail like in football? That seemed to be a complaint, though tweaks apparently fixed the problems. With that said, the guy complaining had a 60".

Thanks again,

Doug

4. Jeff Me

Jeff Me Agent