What's new

Sony KDS50A200 1080P LCD (1 Viewer)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking for reviews on this TV and can't find any. I bought it today and it comes in on Friday, but is there anything I should be concerned about with this TV?

It'll be used mostly for watching DVDs (SD and High-Def), occassionally gaming, and rarely TV.

It's suppose to be 1080p, but I can't find anything saying that the HDMI or component don't accept like some other makes which only accept 1080i input and upconvert to 1080p. The native resolution is 1080p.

The only downside I can see per the specs is that of the two HDMI inputs only one of them accepts the audio feed and the other is strictly video.

I have 7 days as of Friday to return it if it doesn't do what I want it to do, but would like to hear from some people who know more about this stuff than I do.

Thanks.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
About a months ago Sound & Vision had a review of the 60" version of this TV. It might still be on line. I purchased the 55" version of this and have been very pleased with it, so far.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Marty I read their review and it was very positive. Can't wait to get mine and test it out now. Only 24hrs till it arrives.

Adramelech

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
I hope you love it. I've been looking at the KDS55A200, KDS60A200, and now the KDS-R60XBR2 because it has the Wega Engine-HD which is supposed to upconvert all Standard Definition to High Defintion giving it a sharper look. At Best Buy is says the KDS-R60XBR2 is discontinued now so I'm pulling my hair out.

Were you thinking about hooking it upto a computer? I hope so.. so I can get a review.. haha...

What I find hilarious is that on ALL of the Video sites I goto it appears no one has tried to use these tv's to output a Computer signal too. Everyone spends a buttload on a tv, but don't want to spend $300+ on a video card.. LOL.. All I get is.. oh, it looks great.. LMAO.. I have a $3000 computer with a hi-end graphics card with DVI output. I would like to know if the text, and graphics will show up perfect on the tv. I read one review where the Sony cuts off the Start bar a bit.. but nothing more. I want to play Battlefield etc..etc.. from my computer onto one of these tvs.

I goto tons of shops and no one has the ability to display this to me. Hasn't anyone heard of converging technology? LOL.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.