Sony KDS-60A2000 stand question (need quick answer)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by joe_pre, Sep 7, 2006.

1. joe_pre

joe_pre Agent

Tonight I finally bought my TV. The Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000. I won't get it until Tuesday. I got it at Best Buy and wanted to get the matching Sony stand with it. They sold me the SU-RG12L, which when I was loading it in told the guy that it was the stand for the 'E' series 50" and 50" TV's. He said that it is the newest model and is correct for my TV. I got home, and luckily (before I put it together and waited for my TV to come) I checked online and sure enough I am correct. The SU-RS11X is the stand I should have, although I don't think BB carries it (?). Now I asked Sony and of course they say they the recommend using the recommended stand. You know my question coming next. Can I use it with the 60 inch? The only difference I could see was that it is 5 inches shorter, it has the strap, and not sure it has the bolting feature or not. Any help is appreciated since if I want to call and gripe I want to do it tommorrow and if I need to order the stand from another place I want it to arrive before Tuesday (when the TV gets here). Thanks to any replies! You guys are always so helpful around here. It is the last piece in my home theater setup!

Joe

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Joe

You got a top-notch TV, why settle for the wrong stand? You are going to have the TV for a long time, do the leg work now and enjoy.

3. joe_pre

joe_pre Agent

I did return it, and found a place in town that will get one in next week. Actually it'll be less than what the wrong one cost. If anyone is interested I can post a review of this TV after I have it for a bit. Looking back at my posts a couple months ago, I was leaning towards the getting the old 60" XBR, but their getting tougher to find. I decided on the newer model, hoping it will be as good. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It'll be a big step up from my 27" 10 year old TV with RCA inputs. It should go along well with my svssound set (thanks again for that suggestion!).

Joe

4. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

How much did you pay for it?

Circuit City this week has it for $3149!