Sony KDF-E60A20 or KDF-E55A20?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by brandon_, Apr 23, 2006.

1. brandon_

brandon_ Agent

There is a local retailer near by that is having a huge TV sale. They have the E60A20 for 2599.99 and the 55" for 2399.99. are there any differences between these two besides size? also, the viewing distance is about 6-7 feet. the room is 11.5 feet wide. im swaying towards the 55" unless there is a significant difference between the two.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi
    Bigger is usually better. 6-7 feet may be a little close for the 60 incher (or even the 55 incher). Make sure you can not see the pixel structure at your viewing distance before purchasing.
    Regards
    Gregg

3. craig_curtis

craig_curtis Stunt Coordinator

Craig
    I have a Sony 42 incher (KDF-E42A10), and am really happy with it. And I'm sitting at about the same distance. In my OPINION, even the 50 was a little too big as I could see a slight SDE at that distance. And the 42 feels PLENTY big. I would rather have a clean clear sharp picture, than just a big picture.

4. Hank

Hank Guest

I have the 42A10 also, I'm sitting 8-9ft away and it looks amazing. My prevous HDTV was a Mitsubishi 46" RP. I thought size would bother me but like you said, I'd rather have a sharp picture than a big picture with lots of artifacts.

5. brandon_

brandon_ Agent

Purchased the 55". beautiful picture, just wish it had DVI. anyone know of a conversion kit so that a laptop could be connected and have a good picture?

6. craig_curtis

craig_curtis Stunt Coordinator

Craig