Sony KDF-60WF655 and Samsung SIR-TS360 HD DirectTV Receiver

Discussion in 'Displays' started by PeterGuasta, Dec 26, 2004.

1. PeterGuasta

PeterGuasta Auditioning

I have a Sony KDF-60WF655 and Samsung SIR-TS360 HD DirecTV Receiver and am trying to hook up the DVI/HDCP out port of the Samsung to the HDMI in on the Sony. I have a Belkin HDMI-DVI cable (AV52400-04) and I get no signal. I configured the Samsung to use this output still no good. It only seems to work with the component outputs.

I have used the HDMI port on the Sony to connect to a Panasonic 97s DVD player and it works perfectly. (HDMI to HDMI)

Anyone have this issue with these 2 devices? I have not been able to confirm that Sony supports HDCP on the HDMI port.

Has anyone got this to work?

Thanks...

2. andrew lewis

andrew lewis Agent

I've heard this is an issue w/ the DVI to HDMI cables. Monster, Belkin, whatever. Some work, some don't. I have no idea why it's situational, but apparently that's what is happening.

3. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

Peter, if I have not got the models mixed up, I believe your Sony is the GWIII generation. Mine is the GWII (60" XBR800?). Its DVI input supports HDCP. I have used both an RGB to component from a DTC100 to my Sony, and now a breakout HDMI(out the HDTIVO) to (in DVI the XBR Sony) no problems.

Your Sony does support HDCP. I remember reading some issues with DVI regarding (I thought the GWIII's) which may have been with the breakout type cables. Sorry don't have time to research the threads, but go to AVS forum then RP Displays and plug in your model # (use the term GW III also) in search. I would tend to think you should look to your cable or your Samsung player for the problem, since you have used your HDMI input on the Display successfully with another DVD player.

I know some were commenting on an HDMI Samsung player (not your model) ending in 900 something model# which had unaceptable contrast when using its HDMI output vs component output on dark scenes. But the output was working! I can't remember seeing any issues on your model Samsung (but have not researched it).